History of Anointing (2 hours, $40)
Originally called “Oils of the Bible”, this is a fantastic Essential Oils 101 class. We use the bible as a reference to research how essential oils were used in biblical times for emotional and physical healing and how we can use those same oils today for our wellness needs. A fun and experiential class where you’ll be able to smell and taste many oils that are discussed. A great way to literally “get your feet wet” with practical essential oil use for your home and office.
This class is part of a Full C.A.R.E. Intensive. You can attend just this class, a few classes offered during this Intensive, or you can attend the full 3 day training.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Participants in the C.A.R.E. Oils of Ancient Scripture class will be able to:
- Name some of the principal oils of the Bible and how they were used.
- Give a physiological explanation of why essential oils produce emotional responses and how that relates to healing.
- Discuss how and why anointing with scented oils was done in Biblical time for both spiritual and physical purposes.
- Explain how Romans of Biblical times used oils to stimulate their soldiers to be courageous.
- Contrast how essential oils differ from modern medicines in their therapeutic actions and how Moses used oils to stop the plague.
- Describe how the oils experienced in class were used in ancient times, including how King Solomon used the fragrance of cedarwood.
- Discuss how aromatic oils played a role throughout the life of Jesus and how his disciples used oils for healing.
- Express practical knowledge on how to apply the Oils of Scripture for themselves and their families.